Aer E 322: Aerospace Structures Laboratory (Spring 2019)
(1-2) Cr. 2. F.S. Prereq: Credit or enrollment in Aer E 321
Experiment basics and data analysis. Stress Concentration. Strain gage installation and application. Measurement of stiffness/strength of aluminum. Analysis/fabrication/testing of riveted joints. Bending measurements in beam sections. Buckling of columns. Introduction to nondestructive evaluation. Thin-walled section and shear center. Vibrational testing of structures. Design of composites. Rapid prototyping of 3D model structure.
- Instructor - C. Thomas Chiou, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lab teaching assistant - Shujaut Bader (all sections)
- D. J. Peery, Aircraft Structures, 1950 (Dover reprint) (ISU Library online)
- T.H.G. Megson, Aircraft Structures for Engineering Students 6e, 2017 (ISU Library online, 5e)
- A. Kassimali, Matrix Analysis of Structures 2e, 2012 (ISU Library)